Community Church | Kids & Family Ministries
The Kids/Family Ministry Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth through 5th grade. This includes curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, room management, and operational management necessary to pursue successful and constantly improving Weekend/Mid-week Kid sessions, as well as periodic special events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and execute the vision for “Community Kids” (general and yearly) in concert with overall direction of the church and ensure that all “Community Kids” Ministry at or thru Community Church is planned and performed at an excellent level
- Recruit, Lead, Invest in (ie: build relationships with) and Equip (ie: training opportunities ) volunteer leaders who serve in the Community Kids Ministry.
- Build relationships with and encourage parents. Be an avenue of help & resource that contributes to healthy families.
- Regularly select and/or develop curriculum for discipleship in all areas of “Community Kids” Ministry.(*presently using Saddleback Curriculum)
- Create (if necessary) and implement any registration, program management, promotional material and security policies/practices in support of weekly “Community Kids” sessions and special events.
- Responsible to submit volunteer schedule in a timely manner.
- Development and manage the annual budget for “Community Kids” ministries.
- Responsible/oversight for/of the set-up, programming and clean-up for all weekly “Community Kids” programming: Sundays (2 AM sessions, Birth to Gr. 4) and Wednesdays (Spark – gr. 1-4)
- Responsible to Develop and host 2 – 4 large community/Family connection events (ie. Easter, Christmas, Hallowe’en events)
- Responsible to plan, prep, and host one week of Day Camp each summer. Which includes a half day ‘VBS’ type program (9:30 – noon) and has grown to include a further 1/2 day Trips (9 – 4pm)
- Responsible to staff each “Community Kids” involvement at CC or in the Community, This includes off-site events that involve a kids component ie. Movies in the Park, WoW ( Wild on Waterdown)
- Function as a member of Community’s pastoral staff performing other duties as assigned that resulted from discussion and mutual agreement with lead pastor. ( ie: Preaching, Special event)
The Kids Ministry Pastor is to be a living example of what it means to follow Christ. A strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a passion for investing in children and their development in a genuine relationship with Christ. Have the ability to administrate as a department head and are committed to developing a knowledge of current Kids culture and creative programming.
To apply for this job email your details here
Address: 271 Concession Rd 6 E, Millgrove, ON L0R 1V0