INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL + EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
The Social + Emotional Intelligence Profile (SEIP)® – Self Version
The Social + Emotional Intelligence Profile (SEIP)® is the most comprehensive, statistically-reliable, scientifically-validated instrument on the market today. Based on over 10 years of research, the SEIP® identifies an individual’s social and emotional intelligence strengths and development opportunities. Based on the latest research in the field of social and emotional intelligence, the SEIP® four-quadrant model is the model used in 75 percent of Fortune 500 companies today.
The SEIP® measures the 26 competencies identified as critical in socially and emotionally intelligent individuals, families, teams and organizations.
In addition to identifying areas of strength and areas for improvement, the instrument provides detailed descriptions of emotionally and socially intelligent behaviors when present and when lacking, as well as extensive suggestions for development, helpful for coaches, HR professionals and the individual receiving the results.
The 78-item SEIP® is available online as both a self-report and 360 multi-rater format. Three versions are available: Adult, Youth (for ages 11 – 18), and Workplace (which uses business language). All PDF reports are administered online, and results are processed with an individual 1.5 your debrief session.
THE BIRKMAN METHOD
The Birkman Method® Assessment
The Birkman Method® is a scientifically developed, multi-dimensional assessment designed to help you achieve more at work and at home. It integrates behavioral, motivational and occupational data together to predict behavior and work satisfaction across situations. The Birkman Method is the personality assessment for improving people skills and aligning roles and relationships for maximum productivity and success.
Measures of The Birkman Method®
- Usual Behavior – effective behavioral styles for tasks and relationships.
- Underlying Needs – internal perceptions and expectations for how tasks and relationships should be governed.
- Stress Behavior – ineffective behavioral styles when Needs go unmet.
- Interests – vocational and avocational preferences.
- Occupational – 22 job families, 200+ job titles (linked to O*Net)
- Management Styles – approach to managing tasks and people.
- Work Environment – the work environment that brings the best support and fit.
Features of The Birkman Method®
- Online – 298 questions (250 true-false, 48 multi-choice – average 30 minutes to complete)
- Questionnaire translated into over 20 languages
- Dozens of for individuals, pairs, and groups.
Common Uses for The Birkman Method®
- Coaching (life / business)
- Leadership development
- Team building
- Career management
- Strengths Assessment
- Hiring / Selection
- Conflict management
- Career counseling
- Relationship counseling
- Retirement planning
Reporting from The Birkman Method®
PDF reports and 1.5 hour debrief upon completion of questionnaire
The Birkman Abilities Inventory is Birkman’s general reasoning assessment measuring problem identification and problem solving abilities.
Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
Whenever you’re not getting the results you’re looking for, it’s likely a crucial conversation is keeping you stuck. Whether it’s a problem with poor quality, slow time-to-market, declining customer satisfaction, or a strained relationship—whatever the issue—if you can’t talk with nearly anybody about almost anything, you can expect poor results.
What is Crucial Conversations Training?
Crucial Conversations is a two day course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics—at all levels of your organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you’ll surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment.
What is a Crucial Conversation?
A crucial conversation is a discussion between two or more people where the stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong. These conversations—when handled poorly or ignored—lead to strained relationships and dismal results.
What Does Crucial Conversations Training Teach?
Crucial Conversations teaches participants how to:
- Speak persuasively, not abrasively.
- Foster teamwork and better decision making.
- Build acceptance rather than resistance.
- Resolve individual and group disagreements.
CRUCIAL CONVERSATIONS IS ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL AND USEFUL TOOLS I HAVE FOUND.
Mike Miller – Director of Business Billing, AT&T
Influencer Training teaches organizations a powerful step-by-step approach to solve entrenched problems by creating rapid and sustainable behavior change. It is preceded by the company’s other popular, award-winning training courses, Crucial Conversations and Crucial Confrontations.
The strategies [in Influencer Training] are not just for senior execs,” said reviewers. “They can be applied by anyone at any job level at any time. Even if just a handful of people implement these practices, an organization can experience enormous change.”
In spite of the fact that we’re routinely trying to alter behavior, few of us can articulate an effective strategy to create this behavior change. It’s time this changed. By drawing from the skills of many of the world’s best change agents and combining them with five decades of social-science research, Influencer Training creates a powerful and portable model for behavior change.
Influencer Training provides skills to:
- Identify the high-leverage behaviors you should focus on
- Diagnose the real causes behind behavior problems
- Effectively motivate and enable others—regardless of formal authority
- Create behavior-change strategies that yield rapid, lasting results
Who Needs Influencer Training?
Whether you’re managing a team of ten or leading a large organization, Influencer Training provides the skills you need to change the behavior of others. The course is also highly effective for those without formal authority, as well as emerging leaders.
What to Expect During Training
Influencer Training uses a combination of live training, compelling videos, and a written toolkit to aid learners. Learners will engage in extensive in-class practice, group discussions, and personal planning.
LEADERSHIP IS INTENTIONAL INFLUENCE.
This WOD interactive workshop distills principles from leading authorities on time management and offers practical suggestions to enhance your personal and professional life.
- Discovering “The One Thing” (80/20 principle)
- Presence – Leveraging Your Best Self
- How to Get Things Done – “Stress” free organizing
- Habits – Cure, Create, Change
- Focus – The 18 Minute Plan
- Discovering the Trellis Rhythm
- The Organized Mind – Overcoming Information Overload
HOW TO MAKE DECISIONS
• The Impact of Personality on Decision-Making
• How To Overcome Indecision Anxiety
• The Decision-Making Formula
Over the years individuals have express having difficulty, frustration and regret with
making decisions. Gathering information culminated in the creation of a new workshop
to assist individuals when making decisions. This free 2-hour workshop will focus on how
differently two personality types process decision-making and the effect this can have on
relationships and organizations. Participants will receive information on why individuals
become “stuck”, change their minds and ruminate when making decisions. Finally,
attendees be given a 9-step process to assist them when making decisions. The
workshop will be interactive, informative and fun.